Techgrata, through its technology platform, Ólage collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient haulage, transportation, delivery and other products and services.
This notice applies to users of Techgrata’s services. This notice applies to all users of our apps, websites, features, or other services. This notice specifically applies to:
- Customers: individuals who request or receive haulage service, including those who receive haulage service requested by another individual
- Truck Drivers: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Techgrata through its app, Ólage, to provide haulage service individually or through partner haulage companies
- Truck Owners: individuals or companies who owns vehicle for providing haulage services, or submit applications to Techgrata,
- Loaders: individuals who provide, or submit applications to Techgrata to provide, loading or offloading hauled goods or other services
This notice also governs Techgrata’s other collections of personal data in connection with Techgrata’s services.
III. Data collections and uses
A. The data we collect
- Data provided by users of Ólage, such as during account creation
- Data created during use of our services, such as location, app usage, and device data
- Data from other sources, such as Techgrata partners and third parties that use Ólage APIs
The following data is collected by or on behalf of Techgrata:
1. Data provided by users. This includes:
- User profile: We collect data when users create or update their Ólage accounts. This may include their name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, profile picture, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification documents, including driver’s license numbers and images, birthdate, signature, and photo. We may use the photos submitted by drivers and/or delivery partners to verify their identities, such as through facial recognition technologies.
- Background check and identity verification: We collect background check and identity verification information for truck drivers, truck owners and delivery partners. This may include information such as driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law), and right to work. This information may be collected by an authorized vendor on Techgrata’s behalf.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic data about users, including through user surveys.
- User content: We collect the information users submit when they contact Techgrata customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users or restaurant partners, or otherwise contact Techgrata.
2. Data created during use of our services. This includes:
- Location data: We collect precise or approximate location data from a user’s mobile device if enabled by the user to do so. For truck drivers, loaders and delivery partners, Techgrata collects this data when the Ólage app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on-screen) of their mobile device.
- Transaction information: We collect transaction information related to the use of our services, including the type of services requested or provided, order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method.
- Usage data: We collect data about how users interact with our services. This includes data such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services used before interacting with our services..
- Device data: We may collect data about the devices used to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion data, and mobile network data.
- Communications data: We enable users to communicate with each other and Techgrata through Techgrata’s mobile apps and websites. To provide this service, Techgrata receives some data regarding the calls, texts, or other communications, including the date and time of the communications and the content of the communications.
3. Data from other sources. This includes:
- User feedback, such as ratings, feedback, or compliments.
- Users participating in our referral programs. For example, when a user refers another person, we receive the referred person’s personal data from that user.
- Ólage account owners who request services for or on behalf of other users, or who enable such users to request or receive services through their accounts. This includes owners of Ólage for Business accounts.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Techgrata business partners through which users create or access their Ólage account, such as payment providers, social media services, or apps or websites that use Ólage’s APIs or whose APIs Techgrata uses.
- Vendors who help us verify users’ identity, background information, and eligibility to work, for regulatory, safety, and security purposes.
- Insurance, vehicle, or financial services providers for drivers and/or delivery partners.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Techgrata may combine the data collected from these sources with other data in its possession.
B. How we use personal data
Techgrata collects and uses data to enable reliable and convenient haulage, transportation, delivery, and other products and services. We also use the data we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications between users
- To send marketing and non-marketing communications to users
- In connection with legal proceedings
Techgrata does not sell or share user personal data with third parties for their direct marketing, except with users’ consent.
Techgrata uses the data it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing services and features. Techgrata uses the data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services.
This includes using the data to:
- Create and update users’ accounts.
- Verify drivers’ and loaders’ identity, background history, and eligibility to work.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services.
- Offer, process, or facilitate payments for our services.
- Offer, obtain, provide, or facilitate insurance, vehicle, invoicing, or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- Track and share the progress of haulage deliveries.
- Enable features that allow users to share information with other people.
- Enable features to personalize users’ Ólage accounts, such as creating bookmarks for favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security. We use personal data to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
- Screening customers, drivers, loaders and truck owners before enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks, where permitted by law, to help prevent use of our services by unsafe drivers and/or riders.
- Using data from customers, drivers, loaders and truck owners’ devices to help identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices.
- Using device, location, profile, usage, and other data to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities.
- Using user ratings and feedback to encourage compliance and as grounds for deactivating customers, drivers, loaders and truck owners with low ratings.
3. Customer support. Techgrata uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of the user) to provide customer support, including to:
- Direct questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address user concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses and processes
4. Research and development. We may use the data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience. This helps us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services.
5. Marketing. Techgrata may use the data we collect to market our services to our users. This includes sending users communications about Techgrata services, features, promotions, sweepstakes, studies, surveys, news, updates, and events.
.6. Non-marketing communications. Techgrata may use the data we collect to generate and provide users with receipts; inform them of changes to our terms, services, or policies; or send other communications that aren’t for the purpose of marketing the services or products of Techgrata or its partners.
8. Legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of Techgrata’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
9. Automated decision-making
We use personal data to make automated decisions relating to use of our services. This includes:
- Enabling dynamic pricing determined based on constantly varying factors such as the estimated time and distance, the predicted route, estimated traffic, and the number of customers and drivers using Ólage app at a given moment.
- Deactivating users who are identified as having engaged in fraud or activities that may otherwise harm Techgrata, its users, and others.
- Using driver location information, and communications between customers and drivers, to identify cancellation fees earned or induced through fraud.
C. Cookies and third-party technologies
D. Data sharing and disclosure
Some of Techgrata’s products, services, and features require that we share data with other users or at a user’s request. We may also share data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Techgrata may share the data we collect:
1. With other users
This includes sharing:
- Customers’ first name, rating, and pickup and/or dropoff locations with drivers.
- For drivers, loaders and truck owners, we may share data with the customer(s), delivery recipient(s), including name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location (before and during trip)..
2. At the user’s request
This includes sharing data with:
- Other people at the user’s request. For example, we share a user’s ETA and location with a friend when requested by that user, or a user’s trip information when they split a fare with a friend.
- Techgrata business partners. For example, if a user requests a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party,
3. With the general public
Questions or comments from users submitted through public forums such as Techgrata blogs and Techgrata social media pages may be viewable by the public, including any personal data included in the questions or comments submitted by a user.
4. With Techgrata service providers and business partners
Techgrata provides data to vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. These include:
- Payment processors and facilitators
- Background check and identity verification providers (drivers and delivery partners only)
- Cloud storage providers
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers, including social media advertising services
- Data analytics providers
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Techgrata or on Techgrata’s behalf
- Vendors that assist Techgrata to enhance the safety and security of its apps
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants, and other professional service providers
- Fleet partners
- Insurance and financing partners
5. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Techgrata may share users’ personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns..
6. With consent
Techgrata may share a user’s personal data other than as described in this notice if we notify the user and they consent to the sharing.
E. Data retention and deletion
Techgrata retains user profile, transaction, and other personal data for as long as a user maintains their Techgrata account.
Techgrata may retain certain user data after receiving an account deletion request if necessary, such as to comply with legal requirements.
Techgrata retains user profile, transaction, and other information for as long as a user maintains their Techgrata account.
F. Grounds for processing
We only collect and use personal data where we have lawful grounds to do so. These include processing user personal data to provide requested services and features, for purposes of Techgrata’s legitimate interests or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations, or based on consent.
a. To provide requested services and features
- User profile data, which we use to establish and maintain user accounts; verify user identity.
- Background trip information, which is used to verify an applicant’s eligibility to be a driver or delivery partner
- customers, drivers and loaders location data, which we use to track trips and assist with navigation
- Usage data, which is necessary to maintain, optimize, and enhance Techgrata’s services
- Transaction information
b. For purposes of the legitimate interests of Techgrata or other parties
This includes using personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security..
c. To fulfill Techgrata’s legal obligations
We collect and use personal data to comply with applicable laws.
d. With consent
Techgrata may collect and use personal data based on the user’s consent. For example, we may collect personal data through voluntary surveys.
IV. Choice and transparency
Techgrata enables users to access and control the data that Techgrata collects, including through:
- In-app settings
- Device permissions
- In-app ratings pages
- Marketing opt-outs
Techgrata also enables users to request access to or copies of their data, changes or updates to their accounts, deletion of their accounts, or that Techgrata restrict its processing of user personal data.
A. Privacy settings
Settings menus in the Ólage app for users give them the ability to set or update their location-sharing preferences and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Techgrata for the following data.
- Location data
- Share Live Location
- Emergency Data Sharing
- Notifications: account and trip updates
B. Device permissions
Most mobile device platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without the device owner’s permission, and these platforms have different methods for how that permission can be obtained. iOS devices notify users the first time the Ólage app requests permission to access certain types of data and gives users the option to grant or refuse permission. Android devices notify users of the permissions that the Ólage app seeks before their first use of the app, and use of the app constitutes a grant of such permission.
C. Ratings look-up
After every trip, drivers and riders are able to rate each other on a scale. An average of those ratings is associated with a user’s account and is displayed to other users for whom they provide or receive services.
D. Marketing opt-outs
Users may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Techgrata.
E. User data requests
Techgrata provides users with a variety of ways to learn about, control, and submit questions and comments about Techgrata’s handling of their data.